Beautiful 15th century 'Cathedral of the Marsh', a magnificent example of medieval craftsmanship.
A small monastic establishment is believed to have existed at Alkborough just prior to the Norman Conquest and the church tower is thought to be of Anglo Saxon origin dating back to 1052.
Goulceby is a delightful village nestling in the valleys of the Lincolnshire Wolds on the Viking Way long distant footpath, All Saints is a welcomed shelter in inclement weather.
Built in the mid 14th century, All Saints is a handsome building with a sturdy tower and tall spire.
By 1816 a brick shed on the site had been converted for use as a mortuary chapel and when the graveyard was enlarged in 1871 it was replaced by the small brick building which we see today.
Ashby is a remote hamlet and its medieval church of St Andrew is approached across a farmyard. The churchyard affords fabulous views across the Wolds.
A Methodist Society was formed in Bardney as early as 1788, 44 years after John Wesley's first conference.
Alone in the fens between Bardeny and Wragby, this humble church has been used for worship for almost 150 years.
The church has close associations with Bardney Abbey, a Benedictine monastery founded in 697 by King Ethelred of Mercia.
Mentioned in the Doomsday Book in 1086, St Edward the Confessor is situated on land formerly owned by Kolsveinn, Lord of Brattleby and tenant in chief of more than fifty manors in the county at that time.