Beautiful 15th century 'Cathedral of the Marsh', a magnificent example of medieval craftsmanship.
Looking like a cathedral in miniature, St Peter & St Paul's sits very grandly in the flat landscape, with its battlements and row of great Perpendicular clerestory windows.
A small monastic establishment is believed to have existed at Alkborough just prior to the Norman Conquest and the church tower is thought to be of Anglo Saxon origin dating back to 1052.
Built in 1853 is currently housing three exhibitions; the Inclesmoor Embroidery Map, the forgotten village of Amcotts at Flixborough and the award winning Amcotts Butterfly Garden.
See our Norman arches!
By 1816 a brick shed on the site had been converted for use as a mortuary chapel and when the graveyard was enlarged in 1871 it was replaced by the small brick building which we see today.
Ashby is a remote hamlet and its medieval church of St Andrew is approached across a farmyard. The churchyard affords fabulous views across the Wolds.
A Methodist Society was formed in Bardney as early as 1788, 44 years after John Wesley's first conference.
Alone in the fens between Bardeny and Wragby, this humble church has been used for worship for almost 150 years.
A modest temporary structure adapted from an agricultural use. It has an intimate charm.