Wombwell, mentioned in the Doomsday Survey of 1086 as Wambella, increased its population dramatically in the 19th century with the development of coal mines and other industries.
On the outside, a fine medieval church with a broach spire and on the inside, a complete Victorian Gothic interior by GF Bodley with beautifully decorated ceilings throughout the church.
Woodwalton is the ancient and beautiful church glimpsed each day by hundreds of commuters on the East Coast Mainline in Cambridgeshire.
The church has been at the heart of the village of Woodford Halse since the 12th century although the church was substantially rebuilt in the late 19th century.
The ancient village centre stands above the flood plain of the river Nene.
The first Methodist church in Woodhall Spa was built in 1899 before which worshippers had to go to the chapel at nearby hamlet of Kirkstead.
An attractive late Victorian church, originally intended as a dual purpose school and chapel.
St Peter's was designed by famous Victorian architect, Hodgson Fowler and although only just over a hundred years old it already has an interesting history.
More information about this church coming soon.
The Belarusian Memorial Chapel is the first wooden church built in London since the Great Fire of 1666.