The west entry through the tower porch into its splendid Georgian nave is an architectural surprise and constant attraction to visitors.
It is thought that a wooden church may have existed in Aldbourne as early as the 7th or 8th century and the Domesday Book (1086) records that the church held two hides of land, sufficient for two plough teams, to provide for the church and priest.
On the east coast of Suffolk and looking out to sea, it is rich in history, and there is a magnificent window by John Piper in memory of Benjamin Britten.
The church stands high on the hillside above the Avon meadows.
This is thought to be the oldest church in the City dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
Long and red brick with Portland stone facings and with a tall tower topped by a spire, the church is a prominent local landmark.
Aldingham church hugs the Cumbrian side of Morecambe Bay and is open to the wild beauty of the Bay, an area of designated county landscape importance and scenic beauty.
A medieval wonder in a pretty village.
St Peter's is legitimately another claimant for the title 'best Northamptonshire steeple'.
Standing on high ground beside the thatched 14th century parsonage, the church dates to around 1370, a strangely late date for this part of Sussex.