On the east coast of Suffolk and looking out to sea, it is rich in history, and there is a magnificent window by John Piper in memory of Benjamin Britten.
The church stands high on the hillside above the Avon meadows.
Aldingham church hugs the Cumbrian side of Morecambe Bay and is open to the wild beauty of the Bay, an area of designated county landscape importance and scenic beauty.
Standing on high ground beside the thatched 14th century parsonage, the church dates to around 1370, a strangely late date for this part of Sussex.
A small monastic establishment is believed to have existed at Alkborough just prior to the Norman Conquest and the church tower is thought to be of Anglo Saxon origin dating back to 1052.
The core of the present church, one of the best surviving Anglo Saxon buildings in West Yorkshire, was built about 1200 years ago, and much remains of the tall narrow Saxon nave and tower.
More information about this church coming soon.
The Saxon Abbey of Barking was built in 675 on the site of a Roman building, traces can be seen in its Crypt Museum.
The very splendid churchpresides over a delightful jumble of old inns, houses and school clustered around the market place with its buttercross.
The gleaming lime washed walls of this imposing church overlooking Exmoor give a foretaste of the wonderfully light and spacious feeling interior, with its slender white pillars and soaring wagon roofs.