Hanes yr eglwys hon
Enter through the welcoming modern glass doors to appreciate the interior grandeur and enjoy refreshment at the cafe. St Mary Magdalene became the parish church of Taunton in 1308.
The 700th anniversary in 2008 saw the addition of the striking glass doors at the entrance with their engraved design by Tracey Shepherd.
The 163 foot tower was constructed under the guidance of Sir Giles Gilbert Scott in the mid 19th century. When the tower had been completed the donkey involved in the work was hauled to the top so that it could appreciate the view.