Hanes yr eglwys hon
The earliest parts of the church here today date from the 14th century, including the core of the tower. The handsome south porch is 15th century.
When the 16th century clerestory was inserted the ceilings were renewed and raised. These are among the finest features of the church, with snowflake like painted wooden bosses between the ribs.
The church was thoroughly restored by architect GE Street in 1879. Many of the furnishings which give the church its character today were designed by Street: the screens, pulpit, reredos, and more besides. A model in the church shows what the church looked like before Street's work began.