Hanes yr eglwys hon
Hidden down a lane away from the village can be found the atmospheric church of St Nicholas. Built of Ancaster stone and greenstone, the building is mainly 14th century but it does still retain some 13th century architecture, in particular in the windows which date from that period. A memorial to Sir Robert Silkstone (1290-1347) can be found in the south aisle of the church. He was responsible for the complete restoration of the church.
There are some delightful 15th century oak screens with delicate tracery to be seen as well as remains of other medieval screens. Other treasures worth a visit are the altar back statue of Jesus and lamb which is carved from a single piece of oak and the mosaic tiled floor in the chancel. There is also a statue of three angels which dates back to medieval times and a 15th century font.
A mission room, in connection with the church was built in 1896. Restoration work was also carried out in 1906 by WD Caroe, who added the clerestory at that time.