Hanes yr eglwys hon
The late 19th century interior replicates the Early English style of the original medieval church, and replaced the rebuilt church of 1826. St Faith's retains the original 13th century Travertine tower arch, a stoup and piscina as well as the original east window stonework, which now holds beautiful Clayton & Bell stained glass.
During the second rebuilding in 1889, a tomb was discovered dedicated to a Richard de Brito, probably a relative of the Bishop of Hereford at the time, John le Breton, whose heart burial stone is in Dore Abbey. The inscription was dated 1256. Also found was a pewter chalice and paten, sadly stolen in 2005 and never located.
The large oak reredos was placed in memory of Revd Thomas Prosser Powell, part of the long line of Powells and Prosser Powells, who provided eight incumbents for nearly 300 years, from the 1660s until the mid 1950s. Several other monuments in the chancel are dedicated to them.
In 1889, the timbers from the roof of the 1826 church were used to make the solid oak eagle lectern. At this time the large wooden balcony and box pews were also removed. The elaborate stone pulpit was erected in 1865 as memorial to the wife of Francis Trumper, a surgeon in Hay on Wye. The medieval tower was lowered by 30 ft in 1950, and the four ancient bells from 1350, 1639, 1650 and 1654 were lowered and could only be chimed. They have now been augmented by two from 1904 from St Mary's, Richmond, and all have been refurbished and rehung, and attract many visiting ringers.