Hanes yr eglwys hon
The church dates from the mid 11th century onwards and was restored in the 19th century. It stands alone in a field, the original village having dwindled and moved, probably due to the plague. It is thought the church may have been built on the site of an earlier pagan building which was located above an important spring in a natural basin. There is a two stage western Anglo Saxon tower. The original west door has been converted and blocked into a small arched window. The tower has double arched bell openings in its upper storey. These were much restored, along with the rest of the church in 1868 by Fowler. The chancel dates from the 13th century and is longer than the nave. On the north side of the chancel is an 11th century aumbry with a triangular head, and on the south a 13th century piscina. The 18th century south porch has an 11th century round headed doorway and there is a 12th century drum font, the foot of which is 15th century. See if you can spot the graffiti within the church! This dates from the 11th and 15th centuries. There is also the remains of a medieval cross in the churchyard.