Hanes yr eglwys hon
Originally built in Coventry city centre in 1776, West Orchard 'chapel' as it was then known was destroyed during the blitz of 1940/41, but rebuilt and consecrated on its present site in a southern suburb of the city on 16th October 1947. Today a ‘blue national heritage plaque’ marks the original church site in the West Orchards shopping mall in the city centre.
It is a relatively new building and has interesting small stained glass panels depicting the trades historically followed in the city.
Its main architectural interest comes from small stained glass panels which depict some of the historic trades in Coventry such as making cycles and book binding.