Hanes yr eglwys hon
The church was almost ruined by the 16th century. Cuthbert Carnaby of Halton, whose father had become rich in the service of Henry VIII, gave the church its present windows and south door. The wooden roof was added in 1706, a neat battlemented parapet was built and the bell turret added.
Outside the church there is a Roman altar, which probably came originally from the nearby Hadrian's Wall fort of Onnvm. Close to the west wall of the church is the topiary yew 'pig'.