Hanes yr eglwys hon
The church stands at the northern end of the village and has been constructed largely of square-coursed sandstone rubble removed from Hadrian's Wall and Birdoswald Roman fort some 800m to the north.
The church consists of a single bay chancel and two-bay nave. The present entrance is in the south wall of the nave, it has a plank door beneath a shouldered lintel; the original entrance was in the nave's north wall and has subsequently been blocked.
There is one original lancet window in the nave and an early window in the south wall of the chancel, elsewhere the windows are 19th century and of one or three lights with trefoil or lobe shaped heads.
The chancel arch is Roman, reputedly to have come from Birdoswald fort. Externally the corners of the church are finished with large flush quoins, the roof is of stone slate with coped gables, and there is a bellcote at the apex of the west gable.
The church is thought to have been constructed in the early 12th century. In the 18th century the west wall of the nave and the bellcote were rebuilt, and in 1881 new windows were inserted. Lead rainwater heads were also added at this date.
The church was declared redundant in the late 1970s and the interior fittings removed.