Hanes yr eglwys hon
It was extended in 1860 to add a gallery and new frontage at a cost of £400. In 1906 a schoolroom was added at the rear. This extension was over a graveyard so special permission had to be obtained for the graves to be moved. In June 1972, the church which until then was Congregational became part of the URC.
Entry to the original building (then Congregational) designed by FW Lawrence, is through a bright and attractive Concourse, opening into the striking sanctuary, with its exposed rafters and lofty tower (the latter contributing to the excellent acoustic) enhanced by modern lighting. A large retractable glass screen enables division of the full 200 seat space into separately heated areas, without interrupting the view of the chancel, apse, and coloured glass central windows.
The adapted design permits use for choral/orchestral performances, meetings and lectures, in addition to the regular church services, and enables the production of the biennial Bluehouse Arts Festival, sponsored by the Congregation. Much community use (preschool, dancing school, choral, history and music societies etc) fulfils the objectives of the careful alterations in 2000.