Trinity Methodist Church

This chapel was built in 1864 and extended in 1884.

About this church

The chapel is plain and substantial and cost £400 to build and seated 200. In 1884 a schoolroom was built at the rear.

Key Features

  • Social heritage stories

Visitors information

  • Bus stop within 100m
  • Level access throughout
  • Car park at church
  • Accessible toilets in church
  • Space to secure your bike
  • Wifi

Other nearby churches

St Leonard

Our church was founded in 1190 and is probably the oldest Roman Catholic Church still in use in England.

Wesley Centre

The building was erected in 1811 to a design by the Revd William Jenkins, one of John Wesley’s itinerant preachers who combined preaching with chapel design.

St Peter

The first Christian converts were baptised in the River Derwent in 627 AD by St Paulinus, one of the second batch of Roman missionary monks sent by Pope Gregory to convert Britain.

Help support ExploreChurches by becoming a Friend of the National Churches Trust