About this church
The chapel has an Italianate Classical Renaissance style, with giant Corinthian columns supporting three semi circular ‘triumphal’ arches and gabled pediment above. The church is constructed from bull nosed rubble with freestone columns and dressings, and has Italianate narrow rectangular slit windows with twin small pane lights and arched entrances with panelled doors. The interior, which was altered slightly in the 1960s, includes a gallery supported on cast iron columns with plain foliage capitals, and a rare example of a hollow 18th century bureau in which priests were able to hide. A red brick school room was built to the rear of the chapel in 1932.