About this church
A quarter of a mile away is Little Malvern Court, originally a Benedictine monastery with its adjacent Priory Church, reduced at the Reformation to the chancel and tower of the original building which now form the local Anglican parish church.
Little Malvern Court was in Catholic Recusant ownership until the 20th century, had a priest's hole during penal times and later a chapel for local Catholics. By the middle of the 19th century this was becoming too small for the local Catholic congregation and so, in 1862, a new church, St Wulstan’s, was built nearby. It is probable that the Catholic Mass has been celebrated at Little Malvern every Sunday since the Reformation.
The main church was built in 1862 with the Baptistery being added some years later. The land was made available by the Berington family of Little Malvern Court. In the original design there was the intention to have an apse behind the main altar but this was never built as there would not have been enough support for the foundations needed.