About this church
There has been a place of worship on this site since the 6th century. The present building was erected in 1180.
The interior has oak panelling and a font dating from the 14th century. A carved eagle on the lectern is one of two in existence, the other is in the V&A Museum.
The glass in a narrow leper window shows evidence of primitive method of assembling coloured glass, whilst the west window is a wonderful example of pre-Raphaelite design.
A plaque near the pulpit records the poet Robert Browning reading the lesson on his many visits to the area.
The church is famous for the abundance of snowdrops and an annual service is held every February to celebrate them.