About this church
Evidence shows the church had at least one aisle in the 13th century, and the chancel may keep the dimensions and even some walls of its possible 12th century predecessor. Following the reconstruction of the church, in the 14th century, the plan of the western part of the church is almost square.
The late 15th century tower is of flint, which appears as an irregular chequer pattern in certain lights. There were galleries in both aisles by the 18th century.
The church, as it is today, is the result of 19th century restoration. The vestry (originally from the 19th century) was extended in 1930 (Meads). An attractive brick courtyard and Cliffe Hall were added in 1990.