About this church
The columns and arches of the south nave date from the early 13th century and the north nave from the early 14th century. There were originally north and south aisles but these were removed in the 18th century and the arches filled in. The north chancel window is early 13th century and the east and south chancel windows date from the 1836 restoration. The stained glass in the porch was designed by children from the village primary school. In 1855 the 14th century chancel arch was rebuilt and the pews were installed in the chancel. In 1862 a further major restoration took place. The north aisle was added, the tower heightened to match the new higher nave roof, the spire was added, a new porch erected and the nave roof retimbered at a much steeper pitch. Mr Drury gave the font after this restoration. This was then followed by a further restoration in 1950 due to repairs needed to the roof. The most recent refurbishment was in 2013 when the pews were removed, the floor levelled and the interior fully redecorated. The pews were replaced with comfortable chairs and the heating and electrics were upgraded in order to allow the worship space to be more welcome and flexible. On the north wall of the nave are two tablets in memory of the men who lost their lives in the two World Wars.