About this church
Located right at the centre of the village, the church has a late 13th century three section tower, which unusually is on the south side of the nave rather than at the west end. This means that the entrance to the church is via the ground floor of the tower. The nave and vestry are 19th century as is much of the chancel, largely as the result of a serious fire in 1869 which led to the rebuilding and restoration of the nave and chancel. This replicated the original window design and other features wherever possible, as well as incorporating a graceful arch braced roof in the medieval manner with wall posts and braces rising from the collars.