About this church
The church is in a broad T plan with Palmer memorial chapel and vestry in the arms of the T with elegant Gothic decoration inside and out.
There is the original two decker pulpit, box pews and communion rail. Heraldic panels of stained glass, one dated 1659 retained from the old church.
Later 19th century windows by Heaton, Butler & Bayne and by Clayton & Bell.
The Palmer monuments in the chapel are outstanding. They include the alabaster figures of Sir Geoffrey Palmer and his wife Margaret, life size standing in a black marble cupboard in their shrouds, attributed to Joshua Marshall.