About this church
St Peter's was consecrated in 1829 and is built of sandstone. Within the church we still have our gallery which stretches round three sides, numerous war memorials and stained glass windows dating from when the church was built up until the last one put in in 2011. We have a Darwen heritage window which reflects the town and its heritage. The organ is a fine example of its type and we have a font dating from the late 1800's given in memory of a local family.