About this church
The drum font goes back to Norman times and was found under the floor when Sir AW Blomfield carried out his extensive rebuilding in 1872. There are two 12th century grave markers against the east wall which are of interest. Built of local ironstone, the church is ancient, and although it was restored in 1872 there are remnants of it ancient past. Namely a 13th century lancet window and, according to Pesvner, a original doorway.