About this church
In 1931, the foundation stone was laid and the ‘old’ hall was built and used for services. In 1932 the building was completed at a cost of £11,600. From 1963/64 an extension was added to create choir stalls to the rear of the building.
At a cost of over £1million a complete restoration was carried out in 2000/02 under the guidance of the architect Anthony Grimshaw.
The interior was redesigned with the rear west end of the church, including the choir stalls, being converted into a hall for community use. The new hall and worship area are separated by a moveable screen and a striking glass circular meeting room has been constructed at first floor level.
The exterior and east end remain as in 1932.