About this church
Set in gently rolling countryside, St Michael's stands framed by the large trees surrounding the part moated farm to the east. This church is one of the few remaining buildings remaining on the site of a deserted medieval village. Apart from its square tower, the church was rebuilt in brick in 1835. Unassuming outside, it hides treasures within: two extraordinary 14th century monuments to the local De Buslingthorpe family, one a brass effigy of a knight in armour on a tomb chest, showing clearly the clothes worn in battle at that time.