About this church
The Victorian church served the parish until it was irreparably damaged by bombing in 1945.
The current church is a striking Grade II listed building on the west side of London Fields and was consecrated in February 1961. It was designed by the architect Nugent F Cachmaille-Day (1896-1976) and is a fine example of the influence of the Liturgical Movement on church architecture and art.
The design and decoration of St Michael’s does much to create a joyful sense of God at the heart of the community in London Fields.