About this church
The building's history is palpable and its setting is peaceful. Clues to the building's development can be found in the changes in its stonework including evidence of a Georgian ceiling, which was removed in the early 1900s to reveal the roof.
The tower has very thick walls and was perhaps used as a place of refuge.
Timber is a key feature of the inside, including the pews, a rare 18th century 3 decker pulpit, the roof timbers (which are dated 1598) and the richly decorated timber work of 1910.
There are also interesting stained glass windows, including fragments of medieval armorial stained glass in the chancel, and a gallery at the west end dating from 1828.