About this church
The church contains good 16th and 17th century benches with poppy heads. The final appearance of the chancel, reredos and pulpit dates from around 1903.
The east window of The Adoration of the Lamb is by Morris and Co in 1912, and is a memorial to Countess Spencer.
The spectacular Spencer tombs date from the early 17th century through to the 19th and include works by Jasper Hollemans, Nicholas Stone, John Stone, Nollekens, Flaxman and Chantrey.The church also contains the tomb slab to Laurence Washington, ancestor of George Washington.