About this church
The nave and chancel were rebuilt in 1859, and the north aisle and chancel are 14th century. The church contains tombs of the Staunton family who have lived next to the church since 1066.
On the inside walls are hatchments with the coat of arms of ancestors wo lived and died here, mainly in 18th century. The Rood screen from 1530. A large organ from 1890 was recently full restored and we have a barrel organ from 1850.
There are beautiful wild flowers in the church yard in season. The far end of yard overlooks the Hall grounds and a small lake. Beautiful gravestones.