About this church
The majority of the church is in the Early English style with suggestions of Saxon and Norman influence in the architecture. The nave and chancel date from the middle of the 12th century; the 'unusual' tower was built in 1536-1538 and later additions were made by the Victorians.
Set immediately behind and above the houses in The Street, visitors pass through a handsome lychgate made of Sussex oak, Sussex marble, Sussex millstones and Horsham stone.
The old Inn opposite the steps up to the church is appropriately called The Eight Bells with the church boasting the oldest peal of eight bells in Sussex.