About this church
The church is an architectural mix of Norman and neo Norman, the church dates back to the 12th century with the square tower, which holds a peal of 6 bells, being 14th century, the chancel dating from 1847 and the nave and north chapel from 1861. The architect was FR Kempson of Hereford.
The chuch is situated in the centre of the village and set back from the main road in a well maintained churchyard. The church is in excellent repair and includes some lovely features. The font is lead lined Norman, one of only twenty in England. In a recess is a stone effigy of a man in a suit of mail dating from the late 13th century. He holds a sword and shield and his crossed legs rest on a lion. His habit is that of a Knight Templar.
The Lady Chapel was refurbished with materials from the now defunct Munderfield Chapel and is used for small services.