About this church
By then the parish consisted of 13 town lands. A clock was placed in the tower in 1833 and St Mark's first organ was purchased in 1857. The church was extended and new seating comprising of two new aisles completed in 1861. The church houses several memorials marking the World Wars and a Memorial Tower built in 1918.
In the parish report of 1866 the gift of a pulpit was acknowledged along with the 'handsome carved oak Lectern', an embroidered communion table cloth, other furniture, a bible and prayer books. The communion table and the carved oak woodwork were also gifts as was the north transept window, which was added in 1895, the subject of which is 'The Transfiguration of Our Lord after Raphael'. Around the same time a five piece, solid silver communion service was gifted.
In 1877 significant repairs were made and a new chancel added. The east window depicting 'The Ascension of Our Lord' was gifted in 1891. Amongst the many dedicated stained glass windows are two memorial windows in memory of the Ulster Defence Regiment and the Royal Ulster Constabulary.
In the intervening years, the church has continued to develop. Many groups and activities continue to flourish with both church halls being extensively used by a variety of organisations form youth groups to flower arranging; Bible studies to dance classes.