About this church
The current church dedicated to St Mark was built in 1838-41 under the direction of John Keble, then minister at the neighbouring parish of Hursley. Keble was a leading light in the Oxford Movement. He designed a church which tells the story of God alive and at work in the world with every brick. It is a theatre for the soul, and a place of great love. Today it remains a wonderful space for worship, and almost exactly as Keble intended.