About this church
The 13th century church is believed to have been constructed around 1250 with the first record of its Benefice in 1261. The original church footprint has been extended and restored in various phases.
The church tower has historical importance as a landmark for sailing ships. It has a polygonal stair turret on the side and houses a magnificent peel of 8 bells.
The church is constructed of rubble and dressed stone with slate pitched roofs and with buttresses. There is a 13th century, good stained glass including a Millenium Window. The fine organ was installed 1866 and decorated by heraldic expert Revd Charles Boutell and his daughter. The wide nave has a wagon roof on angels.