About this church
Among the wealth of fine Wren era woodwork made for St Margaret's are the high altar reredos, the pulpit and the baptismal font.
Pieces brought here in the 19th century from other Wren churches then being demolished include the magnificent choir screen (1683-84) from All Hallows the Great, one of only two such screens to have survived; the tester above the pulpit is from the same church.
The finely carved font and the reredos in the south chapel (both thought to be by Grinling Gibbons) were brought here from St Olave Jewry. Colourful paintings of Moses and Aaron on either side of the high altar are from St Christopher le Stocks.
The church miraculously escaped serious damage in World War II.