About this church
The church had a thorough, though sensitive, restoration in the early 20th century, masterminded by GGT Treherne, who had spent his childhood in this part of Wales.
He subsequently studied at Oxford University, where he rowed in the 1859 Boat Race. He was a passionate antiquarian and wrote widely about the history of Eglwys Gymyn and its area. He was responsible for saving the Avitoria Stone, which is inscribed in both Latin and Ogham, and is the greatest treasure of the church.