About this church
St Margaret’s is built of local greenstone and has stood in the village since 1407. Money from the estate of Albinus de Enderby financed the project. Items of note are the octagonal font, the windows containing fragments of medieval glass and the boss of a Danish shield which was found during an archaeological dig in a nearby field and is now nailed to the main door.
Various Tennyson related artefacts and interpretation boards are also present.