About this church
The chancel, the oldest part of the building, contains an exceptional example of a beautifully carved Norman sedilia and piscina, reputed to be one of the finest in the county. Amongst the other interesting features is the octagonal 15th century font which has a sculpture of a lion and lamb. At the rear of the nave is an old 13th century chest which is thought to have contained vestments.
The church is surrounded by a well kept churchyard containing many mature lime trees, some thought to be planted as far back as 1770. But the oldest tree in the churchyard is the ancient yew by the porch, which is believed to predate the church itself.
The church is open every day during daylight hours and visitors are encouraged to follow in the footsteps of countless generations, some to worship, some to seek solace and comfort and some who are merely interested in the history and architecture. All are welcome in God's house.