About this church
This church has much of interest, not least the beautiful structure and stained glass windows, the organ built by Wilkinson of Kendal in 1888. The first curate in charge was Revd Thomas Carter, who presided over the construction phase of the church and assisted at the consecration in August 1863.
Each year in April/May, the church is surrounded by bluebells and many people enjoy visiting from over a wide area. There are refreshments served in the church during this time, on Saturdays and Bank holidays and Bluebell Teas take place in the village hall on the Sunday afternoons.