About this church
The church has a 15th century Perpendicular Gothic nave, north aisle and west tower. The present chancel, south aisle and south porch were added in 1866-74 as part of a restoration by Norman and Billing. The chancel's north and south windows have stained glass made by CE Kempe in 1890.
The west tower has a ring of six bells. Robert Mot of Houndsditch and Whitechapel cast the tenor bell in 1592. Joseph Carter of Whitechapel cast the fifth bell in 1606 and the second, third and fourth bells in 1607. Mears & Stainbank of the Whitechapel Bell Foundry cast the treble bell in 1929.