About this church
The medieval church is distinctive for its little black and white half timbered clerestory: an unusual 15th century take on a vernacular building style that is typical of Shropshire.
Inside is a fine collection of Tudor and earlier monuments to the Blounts of Kinlet Hall and other local famlies. The canopied alabaster tomb shows local squire Sir George Blount, kneeling with his family. He died in 1584, and one local legend claims that his ghost is contained in a sealed bottle in the base of the tomb.