About this church
The present building was designed by James Fowler of Louth and built in 1863 at a cost of £685. All the labourers in the parish contributed a week's wages towards the costs. The inner portions of the doorway, parts of the west front and the arch from the nave to the vestry are remnants of the original Norman building. The small tower contains one bell but this is too fragile nowadays to be rung.
Although a small church it has fine stained glass. The delightful rose catherine wheel window in the west front was given by Lady Mary Nisbet-Hamilton. The windows in the chancel are in memory of Mary Higgins, wife of John Higgins of Alford who died in Jan 1862. They represent: The Good Shepherd, The Ascension and The True Vine.
A sword and helmet which were discovered in an unidentified tomb in the churchyard are considered to be of 15th century origins. The octagonal font is thought to be 14th century.