About this church
The north arcade and part of the north aisle survive from the 13th century, with a 14th century south arcade. The tower is largely perpendicular. Restoration of the church was carried out in 1853 by architect James Fowler of Louth. It was at this time that the roof of the nave was lowered and the clerestorey windows removed. There is a 15th century octagonal font. A bell dating back to 1490 sits on the base of the tower floor; it was lowered here in 1939 because it was cracked and replaced with another one.
The chancel was rebuilt in 1830 and 1881. It was re roofed in 1996. The nave and north and south aisles were reroofed in 2002 and the nave ceiling was replaced in 2004. Major work was undertaken on the tower roof in 2008.
Of particular interest in the church are the medieval pew ends, some of which have recently undergone conservation treatment at Lincoln University and are on display in the north aisle.