About this church
St Helen’s is a pretty Grade II* listed church with 13th and 14th century features and a 16th octagonal font. It is built in the Early English and Perpendicular styles. Extensive rebuilding took place in 1853-54 by Stephen Lewin but it still retains many of its original features.
Edmund de Grimsby, later a prominent judge and Crown official, was parish priest here in the 1320s.