About this church
Bodley worked closely with the rector of the time, Canon F Sutton, who was sufficiently hands on to have made the stained glass himself.
His nephew, who followed him as Rector, installed the beautifully painted font cover in his memory, in 1889.
The two richly embellished, stone vaulted porches of the 14th century are among the best medieval features of the church, each one a gallery of spirited carvings that range from daily life (including its seamier side) to the pious and the fantastical.
In this remarkable area of Lincolnshire, it almost goes without saying that the lofty 14th century spire is also magnificent, with spire and spirelets alike generously crocketed at every angle.