About this church
A substantial parish church of medieval origins. The earliest recording of the building is its dedication to St Faith in 1108-14.
There was major rebuilding in mid 13th century when the nave arcade was built and in the 15th century when the aisles and tower were added. The nave roof is 15th century, with gilded angels.
The church was extensively remodelled in the 1820s, largely in brick at a cost of £3000. Much attention was given to the addition of a richly ornamented chancel. This remodelling is of considerable interest, as the 1820s are a little studied decade in the Gothic Revival.
In the hard winter of 1947 the tower partially collapsed forming 'a decorative ruin'. The nave, aisles and tower base were adapted for use as a Community Centre in 2003, with wooden pews removed and a parquet floor and kitchen/toilet installed.