About this church
St Columba's, Long Tower began life in 1783 albeit on a much smaller scale than what can be seen today. It was modified in 1820 and extended in 1907. It is constructed of dressed stone, slated roofs and random stone walling.
The windows are mainly sliding sashes. Internally the building contains an abundance of historical artefacts to include; various pieces of artwork by English painter Ambrose Wilson, a central gallery, stained glass windows, opus sectiles pictures, the Hannigan Monstrance and Communion rails constructed from Carrara marble.
It is truly a magnificent and historical building, which remains unaltered to this day.