About this church
Kempson & Fowler added the chancel with the south chapel and north vestry in 1892-3. GE Halliday added the two bays of the west end in 1897.
The church is faced in thin courses of dark brown Pontypridd stone rubble with Bath stone ashlar dressings, and is roofed in Welsh slate. The plan comprises five bay nave and chancel, side aisles and nave all with separate gabled roofs. There is a Lady Chapel at the east end of south aisle and a gabled porch in the centre of south aisle.
Inside, the aisles are wide, their walls of yellow brick with red and black brick bands and voussoirs. Arcades of timber are carried on slender piers of quatrefoil plan with moulded caps and bases. There is a richly carved reredos in Portland stone and alabaster, and much stained glass.