About this church
Its rugged 15th century Perpendicular central tower gives it the name King of Holderness. The chancel and transepts are Early English and the nave Early Decorated, as is the notable octagonal font.
The church was restored in 1866-77 by GE Street, an important architect closely associated with the Victorians' renovation of medieval parish churches.
The impressive stained glass window depicting Christ in Majesty and St Augustine of Hippo dates from this period, and recent repairs to the church's structural masonry and carvings have brought back an air of respectability to this proud old patriarch.